I love the thought of picking out my wedding dress but I cringe when I think of those tv shows that show the bride freaking out or the family/friends being too opinionated. Its so unfortunate, the fun gets taken out of planning your wedding. My philosophy about wedding dresses is the same as when it comes to clothes, I only want other people's opinions when I ask for them, and at the end of the day, what you decide to wear is YOUR choice and it has to be what you love, even its a little more high fashion than what your friend would wear, or even more conservative. Whatever the case, its all about you, but... its also no fun when a bride is a diva... So, the newly engaged brides should not fear, when choosing your dress there are many options this season!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
2010 Bridal Fashion Week
So, I wanted to talk about 2010 Bridal Fashion Week. Bridal is never as popular to discuss as ready-to-wear or haute couture, but there are definite trends to be analyzed in the annual shows. The theme for this year's bridal collections was garden inspired and romantic. The designers seem to want to emphasize the elegance and romance of getting married. All of the looks were very soft and textured. Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta ran with the garden concept. Every gown was so feminine, and granted, some were more "avant garde" than others, but there was definitely a gown for every type of bride in each collection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love bridal gowns! There is so much that goes in to a dress that's only worn for one day, but it's because that one dress means so much to the woman wearing it. I had no idea there was a bridal fashion week! I agree with your comment that when it comes to the dress, "it's all about you."
ReplyDeleteYeah, I agree. I hate seeing the reality TV shows where brides are ran ALL OVER by family members about their wedding dress. I remember one episode of dream wedding or whatever it was, the bride to be was trying on all these dresses. She finally found one that she liked, and yet her family dominated her decision. Her face dropped when she showed the dress she liked to her family and they didn't like it. Some people don't realize it.
ReplyDelete