I was lucky enough to meet Isabel and Ruben Toledo and they could not have been nicer to me, or the other students and parents who introduced themselves. They took pictures with everyone who asked and when I told Mrs. Toledo how honored I was to meet her she humbly replied "Likewise!"... I mean... seriously????!!!!! : ) It was so incredible I couldn't believe how sweet she was. I have to say that that instant, shaking her hand and sharing those few words with her, as well as with Mr. Toledo, is one of my most precious memories. Isabel Toledo kindly commended every aspect of the show during her speech, she noticed everything from the designs, to the models, and even the stage. It was an absolutely wonderful evening and an incredible joy to help put on a show honoring such a wonderful designer, as well as her husband and his artwork. The Toledos have an amazing dynamic, they radiate joy around each other. The love they share is infectious and such a pleasure to see and feel. I'm sure my fellow MU fashionistas will join me in thanking the Toledos for their time and kind words, it was a night we will always remember.
Friday, April 23, 2010
PIM 2010 & Meeting The Toledos!!!
I am happy to report that on Thursday night Portfolio in Motion 2010 unfolded with a bang : ) The silent auction and dinner at the Main House both went very well. The silent auction had a very special edition, Mr. and Mrs. Toledo were kind enough to donate the original sketch of Michelle Obama's lemongrass dress along with its fabric swatch. The sketch ended up going for $1,000... considering the piece of history it is, I believe its priceless! After the initial festivities ended the show went on, and to everyone's relief, it went on without a hitch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree. Their love for each other and passion for fashion was definitely contagious. It was refreshing to meet such genuine people especially from the fashion industry that has such a bad rep. for being a cold blooded cut throat industry. They are true artist and truly inspiring.
ReplyDeleteMeeting to couple was so inspiring. I still can't get over that the sketch of Michelle Obama's dress was at Marymount University. A peice of history was at the fashion show that we produced. I'm still in shock!!!
ReplyDelete