Monday, April 12, 2010

Does it bug you when?...

Does it bug you when people don't know how to dress? I ask this because I see it all the time, especially in places where a certain amount of decorum should be displayed. Whether it be a restaurant, work, or somewhere religious. Let's use church as an example, I absolutely cannot stand it when people wear jeans to church. Not to offend anyone who does, but seriously, get your self together and try a little bit harder. I do not understand wearing flip-flops to places like that either! Its amazing but somewhere along the fashion line it became socially acceptable to drop the ball and its ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong I love jeans, and I'm all about comfort but people need to figure out how to be comfortable and polished at the same time! For ladies, stockings are not a necessity anymore- nice but not a necessity, so why don't you wear a skirt or even nice slacks and jacket. For gentlemen, when your girlfriend suggests to wear something... LISTEN. In the summer, polos or nice button ups and slacks are great, in the winter, a blazer and shirt are just as sophisticated, so why don't you go for it?! Show you care about what you're doing.

Children are another thing too, so many parents have gotten lazy when it comes to dressing their kids, they let them wear whatever they want! (the bad habit starts here) I know that when I was little, I was told what to wear, and if I didn't listen I stayed in the house- simple, effective, and I learned how to match colors together : )

I just feel like when you put effort into what you wear it shows that you have respect for where you are going, so if its someone's house for a dinner party, a restaurant, work, or even school (shock), you show respect to your host/hostess, others dining with you, your boss, and even your teacher. This might sound old fashioned but I think its true, a little effort never hurt anyone and it goes a long way.



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on this topic. In some cases people really do forget where there are or at least where they are going and its...well..sad! I think what it all boils down to is people care what they wear or don't wear when it's beneficial to them. A prime example of this would be going into a job interview versus going to McDonald's or even school. Of course one would dress to impress for a job interview, on the other hand, they wouldn't do the same if they were going to school. It's not that people don't care, maybe they just don't feel the need to.

    ReplyDelete