Sunday, April 25, 2010

Modern Etiquette

I just finished reading an article by Andrew Bevan in the May edition of Teen Vogue. The article talks about Derek Blasberg's new book entitled "Classy: Exceptional Advice For The Extremely Modern Lady". I was actually really excited to hear about this because I fee like this book ties in well with my "Does it bug you when?..." posts.

When we think of etiquette books, we assume that they date back to the days of the "debs" (think Dior's New Look and pearls), which is unfortunate because a lot of important things can get lost in the lack of translation, and therefore result in a "Does is bug you when?.." : ) So, I am happy to report that the etiquette book of old seems to have been thrown out and replaced by a fresh, modern, and funny edition.

The article cites our "pseudo-celebrity" culture as partly to blame for this etiquetteless epidemic and I could not agree more. The book offers advice ranging from etiquette to clothes when dealing with situations that encounter the young women of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment