Saturday, April 24, 2010

Does it bug you when?... (Part 2)

Ok, for my second installment of "Does it bug you when?..." I wanted to touch on another pet peeve of mine, being late. I hate being late, and if I am, I always call to apologize, and I am never late more than ten minutes. I just feel like its rude, unless something unespected comes up, that is out of yuor control and it somewhow delays you, there is no excuse. I am discussing this subject today because today was the last day of PIM and I helped handle "Will Call" this evening. In my opinion, if you are thirty minutes late, for a show that lasts an hour, just don't come. There is no point, and you obviously didn't care enough to be on time, so why bother wasting gas? And it is not as if this scenerio occurred once or twice tonight, that could be explained by those random exceptions I mentioned earlier. On the contrary, I actually gave will call tickets to about 20 people who were more than 20 minutes late for the show. I could not believe it!

I just felt bad for the designers, and everyone else including me, who worked on the show. Fashion shows, are just like any other event that takes planning, whether it be a gala or a small dinner party. A person wouldn't go to a play 30 minutes late, so why go to a fashion show 30 minutes late? A show is a show and I believe more respect should have been shown by some guests because I am proud to say Portfolio in Motion 2010 was absolutely fantastic! Great job to everyone, as the great Tim Gunn says, "We made it work!" ; )

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this point. I think being late is disrespectful. Being late once is excusable but being late all the time is just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, someone was late?! That is crazy and yes, incredibly disrespectful. I agree with you, if someone is 30 minutes late, they should not bother to show up at all. I read your most recent blog and I am tempted to buy this modern book on etiquette for kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 20 people were over 20 minutes late. At that point in time they missed alot of great garments and they dont even know it. That is sad

    ReplyDelete